It is our pleasure at Skin Cancer Symposiums to bring you Professor Cliff Rosendahl from the University of Queensland, Australia and Associate Professor Amanda Oakley from the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
As doctors, we are often the first and sometimes the only ones to see our patient’s skin. But we have little training and hence most of us, little confidence in confidently diagnosing skin lesions. How can we improve our confidence? The best way, without a doubt, is with training in dermatoscopy which will help you recognise skin cancers earlier and with greater precision.
Traditional dermatoscopy courses have been complicated and difficult to follow due to the teaching of numerous complex algorithms at the same time. Skin Cancer Symposiums has created a simplified approach using what is increasingly recognised as the two most user-friendly algorithms (one for pigmented lesions and one for non-pigmented lesions) to deliver a unique world-class teaching event. Professor Cliff Rosendahl, the co-author of ‘Chaos and Clues’ and ‘Pigment without Prediction’, breaks down dermatoscopy teaching into simple, easy to follow algorithms. Professor Amanda Oakley, the founder of the world-famous dermatology resource Dermnet will be adding to Cliff’s insights.
In addition, Dr Chris Boberg and Dr Andrew MacGill will provide practical talks on the day to day application of dermatoscopy.
The interactive presentations take you through a sequence of “black and white” enquiries of your observations to help you determine if a lesion is benign or malignant. The decision to excise or not is then followed by “how to make a specific diagnosis” for each benign and malignant lesion (nevus, solar lentigo, dermatofibroma, melanoma, SCC, BCC etc).
The Certificate in Advanced Dermatoscopy is a carefully orchestrated educational process that ensures you develop a solid footing in dermatoscopy for the safe clinical management of skin cancers.
This unique course is highly rated and runs in London, Melbourne, California and Auckland with over 1000 participants to date (GP, surgeons, dermatologists and nurses) giving close to 5/5 reviews.
Currently, our course is postponed due to the breaking of the Australia – New Zealand COVID bubble. We would love to welcome Cliff to New Zealand on 19-20th of February 2022.
We are currently working on sophisticated IT/audiovisual solutions to enable Cliff to present remotely in a way that is similar to his presentations in person (if there is any COVID interruptions).
In the interim, we would like to offer a special deal to delegates who would like to sign-up in advance to our course.
- Complimentary Entry into our online Certificate of Fundamental Dermatoscopy course
- This is a ground-breaking, innovative, 8-week course that uses the latest in e-learning technologies to replicate the whole experience of a live conference.
- A standout feature is the ability to answer questions from the lecturers whilst watching each video – as per the real-life experience.
- The course is based online so it is available 24/7 allowing you to “learn” at times that suit you.
- The course is CME approved by the Royal College of GPs in NZ, and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (and soon to be approved by RCGPs and many others).
- You can read more about the course here: https://www.skincancersymposiums.com/symposium/certificate-of-fundamental-dermatoscopy-online-2021/
- If you want to get a “hands-on feel for the course”, you can access a trial here: https://learn.skincancersymposiums.com/. The “email address” is demo and the “password” is demo.
- MoleScope II Dermatoscope (value $440 excluding GST) with a Universal Adaptor for any mobile phone device.
- Textbook: A copy of Professor Cliff Rosendahl’s latest textbook – Dermatoscopy and Skin Cancer: A handbook for hunters of skin cancer and melanoma (value $115)
- Dermengine – 100 free paid consultations package worth $500
- Flexible entry – you can come to our in-person course in 2021 in Auckland or in any of the cities that we offer our courses (Melbourne or London)
Our courses are now “COVID-proof”. In case of any COVID-related interruptions, we offer our guarantee of either a full refund or:
- Complimentary entry into our courses anywhere in the world (Australia, NZ, UK)
- Complimentary entry into our online Fundamental Certificate of Dermatoscopy which features 60% of the course material from our Advanced course. We are currently in the planning stages of finalising our online Advanced Certificate of Dermatoscopy course.
- Copy of Cliff’s textbook and your Molescope device sent to you
- 90% of delegates choose this option!